Rebel mortar shells hit near Damascus airport
Two mortar shells have hit near Damascus International Airport, according to a Syrian-state run news agency.
It did not elaborate, according to AP.
The Britain based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that rebel fighters were responsible for the attack, and that they targeted the airport with home-made rockets.
There have no reports of casualties as of yet.
- Power returning to Damascus after pipeline explosion causes blackout
- At least eight killed as mortar fire hits Damascus Christian neighbourhood
- For first time: Mortar attack on the embassy district in Damascus
- Shells land near U.N. chemical inspectors' hotel in Damascus
- 13 killed by mortar fire in Syria