Syrian rebels capture UN peacekeepers after clashes near Israeli-occupied Golan Heights
Syrian rebel faction the Yarmouk Martyrs Brigade said on Tuesday that it's holding UN peacekeepers for their own safety, following clashes near the Syria-Israel border.
The rebel group's statement was accompanied by a picture showing four men wearing UN-marked flak jackets marked "Philippines", Reuters reported.
A UN spokesperson said that four of the organisation's peacekeepers had been detained near the Syrian border with the Golan Heights.
- Syrian rebels seize border crossing near Israeli Golan Heights
- Syrian rebels release UN peacekeepers: four Filipinos transferred to Israel, reports
- Convoy forced to pull back from UN Golan Heights rescue mission
- Syrian planes bomb border post near Israel captured by rebels
- Two UN peacekeepers killed in Golan Heights