Report: Head of Palestinian Intelligence Says Killings of Jewish Settlers Brought Israel back to Negotiating Table
Head of Palestinian Intelligence Department in the West Bank has urged Palestinians to step up killings of Jewish settlers, declaring that the mounting death toll in settlements and bypass roads built for settler use was the factor that brought Israel back to the negotiating table, reported the Jerusalem Post newspaper, quoting the Israel Radio.
Several Jewish settlers have been killed in the West Bank and Gaza Strip since the outbreak of the Intifada.
Also, many have been evacuated from their settlements for fear of Palestinian attacks, although the Israeli army has tripled the number of soldiers protecting the settlements -- Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Killed in West Bank, Settlers Suspected
- 13,000 More Jewish Settlers Arrived in Palestinian Territories in 2000
- Jewish Settlers Block West Bank Roads, Attack Palestinian Motorists
- Haaretz: Evacuated Settlers\' Homes to be Sold to Palestinian Citizens
- Gunfire Hits School in a Jewish Settlement in Gaza, no Injuries