Report: Iranian President escapes assassination attempt
Al Hayat newspaper reported on Tuesday that Iranian President’s motorcade was attacked on December 14 in south-eastern province of Sistan and Balochistan, one of the least developed areas of the country. According to the paper, the attack took place on the Zabol-Saravan highway.
A presidential security guard and a motorcade driver were killed in the attack, the report added, citing "reliable sources" in Tehran. Another guard was wounded during the clash between Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's guards and the attackers, who were described as "bandits". It was reported that the attack was carried out by about ten gunmen. Some of them killed in the clash.
Al Hayat said Ahmadinejad was on his way to watch a big military exercise, when his motorcade was attacked.
- Report: Iran's Ex-Police Chief Escapes Assassination Attempt
- Fateh Official Escapes Assassination Attempt in Israeli Helicopter Attack
- Report: Ahmadinejad survived an assassination attempt during Lebanon visit
- Sources: Ahmadinejad ordered to carry out assassinations abroad
- Lebanon: Iranian traces in attempted assassination of Christian leader