Report: Israel expanding West Bank settlement in violation of ''Road Map'' plan
The Peace Now movement claimed that the Israel Lands Administration (ILA) published Thursday morning a tender for 13 plots for self-construction in the West Bank settlement of Ariel.
According to the movement, by this measure, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon continues to violate on a daily basis his country's commitment to the so-called "Road Map" plan, which calls for putting an absolute stop to the construction activities in settlements.
"Sharon's government continues to serve as the operational contractor of the Settler Council and to invest huge amounts of money into expanding settlements", the peace movement added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel expanding West Bank settlements
- Two Palestinians shot dead in Gaza Strip as Israel publishes new tenders to expand West Bank settlements
- Bush urges Sharon not to expand West Bank settlements
- Sharon: Israel still committed to ''road map''
- Report: US administration supports construction in West Bank settlements