Report: Israel warns Syria over Hizbullah attacks
Israel has conveyed a secret warning to Syrian President Bashar Assad that it will respond to missile attacks from Hizbullah by launching immediate retaliation against Syria. In a message, delivered earlier this month, Israel made it clear that it now regards Hizbullah as a division of the Syrian army and that reprisals against Syria will be "fast and devastating," the Sunday Times reported.
This message follows the discovery by Israeli intelligence that Syria has recently supplied long-range ballistic missiles and advanced anti-aircraft systems to Hezbollah. “We’ll return Syria to the Stone Age by crippling its power stations, ports, fuel storage and every bit of strategic infrastructure if Hezbollah dare to launch ballistic missiles against us,” an Israeli minister was quoted as saying.
The warning was conveyed to Damascus by a third party.
- Sources: Israel warned Syria over possible Hizbullah attacks
- Israel urges US to take action against Iran, Syria and Hizbullah growing ''missile threat''
- Israel: Syria supplies long-range Katyusha rockets to Hizbullah
- Report: Israel plans to attack targets inside Syria the next time Hizbullah strikes Israel
- Annan: Syria to implement an arms embargo on Hizbullah