Report: Israeli Police Patrol Came under Fire in East Jerusalem, No Injuries
An Israeli police station in east Jerusalem came under fire Thursday evening, but no one was hurt, reported The Jerusalem Post newspaper, quoting police sources as saying.
The paper said that the patrol was passing by the justice ministry and the district court compound when Palestinians fired at it from rooftops of nearby houses.
AFP reported that Israeli police returned fire at the attackers, who managed to flee the scene.
A police spokesman told the agency that he considered the incident to be "very serious."
Police were investigating the circumstances of the shooting, the paper added – (Several Sources)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli police presence grows as Jerusalem tensions persist
- Report: Palestinians Open Fire on Israeli soldiers in Ramallah, No Injuries
- Exchange of Fire Reported near Ramallah, No Injuries
- Israeli police, Palestinians clash after teen killed in Jerusalem
- Palestinian Demostrators Set Fire to Israeli Police Station in Jerusalem