Report: Libyan officials hold talks in Israel
A delegation of Libyan officials visited in Israel for last week and held talks with an Israeli government official, a Nazareth-based newspaper reported Friday.
Kul El-Arab said its report was based on information from "sources close to (Ariel Sharon's) Likud party," who disclosed the Libyan mission consisted of five "top officials" who met with government representatives, discussing diplomatic ties between the two sides as well as the establishment of "bridges of confidence and trade."
The sides also discussed details for possible visits to Libya by the Israeli Libyan community, and visits in Israel by Libya's Jewish community.
According to the report, an official Israeli delegation is being put together for a reciprocal visit to Libya. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Gaddafi planning Israel visit?
- U.S. not informed Israel regarding secret talks with Libya
- Report: Israeli delegation with Mossad officials to visit Libya as Kadhafi agrees to compensate Libyan Jews
- Report: Libya puts off ''talks'' with Israel over press leaks
- Iran, Libya to Enhance Economic, Industrial Ties