Report: Obama warns Israel not to attack Iran
U.S. President Barack Obama has forwarded a stern message to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu demanding that Israel not surprise Washington with an Israeli air attack against Iran's nuclear facilities. The message was conveyed by a top American official who met with Netanyahu, ministers and other senior Israeli officials, Haaretz reported on Thursday.
The message from the American envoy to Israel reveals American concern that Israel is close to attack Iran. Obama is expected to meet Netanyahu at the White House next Monday.
- Obama: US has ‘absolutely not’ given green light to Israeli attack on Iran
- Ahead of Obama address to AIPAC, Netanyahu rejects 1967 borders
- The US hold secret talks with Israel on plan B: invading Iran
- Obama to Netanyahu: Iran military strike option "on the table"
- Israel plays down U.S. settlement freeze call