Report: Palestinian, Israeli security chiefs hold ''secret'' meeting
Israel's Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz secretly met Saturday night with Palestinian security chief, Mohammed Dahlan in Tel Aviv area, an Israeli website quoted Palestinian sources as saying Sunday.
According to Ynet, Dahlan asked Mofaz to ease the security conditions over the Palestinians in the territories. In addition, Dahlan asked Mofaz to order the Israeli army to halt its assassination policy and to free Palestinian prisoners being held by Israel.
Dahlan also updated Mofaz about the security steps the Palestinians have taken in preparation for the implementation of the American-backed 'road map' peace initiative.
It should be noted that Mofaz decided Saturday night to impose full closure on the West Bank. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Mofaz, Dahlan meet; Israeli minister suggests to ''drown Palestinian prisoners in Dead Sea''
- Mofaz, Dahlan meet to discuss Israeli pullout from two West Bank cities
- Report: Clashes End in West Bank, Gaza Strip
- Palestinians Refuse Cease Fire with Israeli Army
- Dahlan security guards injure Hamas activist in Gaza as another round of talks with Israel ended without results