Report: Russia to Sell Mig-29 Fighter Jets to Yemen in $300m Deal
Russia is to deliver Mig-29 fighters to Yemen in a $300 million deal, the business daily Vedomosti reported Wednesday, quoting sources in the Russian presidency. Contacted by AFP, the Kremlin and the Mig aircraft constructor refused to comment.
The deal for the 15 fighter planes was signed shortly before or just after the September 11 terror attacks on the United States, the newspaper said, quoting unidentified presidential sources.
According to Vedomosti, Mig delivered around 200 planes to the pro-Soviet North Yemen, officially known as the Yemen Arab Republic, between 1960 and 1990 -- MOSCOW (AFP)
- Russia Ships 30 T-72 Tanks to Yemen
- Report: Russia starts to deliver advanced surface-to-air missiles to Syria, Egypt and Libya
- Report: Algeria ”disappointed” from Russian fighter jets
- Saudi jets join US drones to bomb targets in Yemen's not-so-secret war
- Egypt closing in on a $2 billion arms deal with Russia