Report: Three Jordanian drivers shot dead in western Iraq
At least three Jordanian drivers were shot dead Saturday by a gang of Iraqi highway robbers as they drove their trucks between Ramadi and Fallujah in western Iraq, a Jordanian daily reported Sunday.
"A gang comprising of 20 highway robbers intercepted several Jordanian trucks between Ramadi and Fallujah. The gang killed three drivers and stole their shipments and money," the Alarab Alyoum newspaper quoted a surviving driver as saying.
The killing of Jordanian drivers due to the lack of security on highways between Iraq and Jordan has caused a furore among parliament deputies in Jordan.
Deputies recently urged the government to forbid any Jordanian trucks from entering Iraq.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Tripoli Allows 9 Jordanian Trucks to Enter into Libya, Preventing 76 on Boarder
- Turkish driver decapitated; Reporter, judge shot dead in Baghdad
- Iraq resolution unanimously adopted; Report: Four Jordanians shot dead by US troops in Baghdad
- Three Iraqi policemen shot dead as US troops fail to catch Saddam deputy after raiding ''hide out''
- US soldier dies in blast as four Iraqi soldiers killed in clashes; three Muslim clerics shot dead