Report: Three Jordanian drivers shot dead in western Iraq
At least three Jordanian drivers were shot dead Saturday by a gang of Iraqi highway robbers as they drove their trucks between Ramadi and Fallujah in western Iraq, a Jordanian daily reported Sunday.
"A gang comprising of 20 highway robbers intercepted several Jordanian trucks between Ramadi and Fallujah. The gang killed three drivers and stole their shipments and money," the Alarab Alyoum newspaper quoted a surviving driver as saying.
The killing of Jordanian drivers due to the lack of security on highways between Iraq and Jordan has caused a furore among parliament deputies in Jordan.
Deputies recently urged the government to forbid any Jordanian trucks from entering Iraq.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jordan claims arrest of senior al-Qaeda in Iraq leader
- Jordan Denies Report of Food Trucks Blocked at Libyan Border
- Jordan confirms arrest of close aide to al-Zarqawi
- Tripoli Allows 9 Jordanian Trucks to Enter into Libya, Preventing 76 on Boarder
- Jordanian Government Protests Execution of Jordanian in Iraq