RND wins 17 out of 46 seats in Nation Council elections
The National Democratic Rally (RND) won 17 out of 46 seats at the senatorial elections meant to renew half of the Nation Council's members, the Interior Ministry announced. According to APS, the FLN reform-movement won 10 seats, the independents close to the FLN reform-movement won 2, while FLN-Benflis got 11 seats, according to the same source.
Four other seats went to Society's Movement for Peace (MSP) and two to El Islah movement.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- NDP Wins 14 of 19 Seats in Egypt's First-Stage Shura Council Elections
- Egypt election: Muslim Brotherhood candidates fail to win seats
- Algeria Wins Two Seats on International Committee
- King Abdullah: Jordan willing to shoulder responsibility of Security Council seat
- "Call of Tunisia" wins most seats in parliamentary election