Rocket Damages Pakistan Army Staff College Building
A rocket hit a Pakistani army staff college building here late Monday but caused no casualties, official sources said.
They said the roof of a classroom collapsed as a result of the rocket strike at 8.55 pm (1555 GMT). There was no one in the classroom or in the vicinity.
The rocket was fired from Koh-i-Murdar mountain near Quetta, the capital of Southwestern Baluchistan province. It was the fourth rocket attack in the army cantonment area in the last six months. In the last attack three weeks ago one soldier was killed and three others were injured.
It was not known who was behind the rocket attacks but an underground Baluch nationalist group, Baluchistan Liberation Army, has claimed responsibility for recent several bomb explosions in the cantonment -- QUETTA, Pakistan (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Gaza Strip: Three Palestinians wounded in Israeli raid
- Some 60 Israeli soldiers wounded in Palestinian rocket attack
- Lebanon: UN says rocket fire on Israel is ''serious breach'' of truce
- Indian Army Denies Militants Killed Seven Soldiers in Rocket Attack
- Israel says Gaza launched rocket Monday targeting Jewish village