Russian Deputy Defense Minister arrives in Iran
Russian Deputy Defense Minister in charge of logistics arrived in the Iranian capital city of Tehran Sunday.
He was greeted by his Iranian counterpart, Mir Hamid Nasl-Pak, at Tehran's Mehrabad International Airport.
During his stay in Tehran, M. Youf is scheduled to meet with Iranian officials in charge of defense and logistic affairs and is to also tour various military bases, according to Qatar News Agency.
Nasl-Pak said that the two sides would exchange views on means of continuing their mutual cooperation, particularly the defense agreement concluded during the Iranian defense minister's recent trip to the Russian capital of Moscow, QNA added.
Both sides are expected to discuss possibilities for upgrading Iran's defensive capabilities and current mutual efforts to strengthen regional security.
The Russian official is visiting Iran at an invitation from Iranian Deputy Minister of Defense Brigadier Hossein Dehghan. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Russian Deputy Defense Minister: Moscow-Tehran cooperation poses no danger
- Iran’s Defense Minister to Visit Russia in Early October
- Russian Defense Minister to Tour Iran Military Installations
- Tehran Happy with New Approach to Russian-Iranian Ties
- Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Holds Talks with Iranian Ambassador