Saudi Arabia: American consulate in Jeddah closed after blast
A car exploded near a bank in the Saudi Red Sea city of Jeddah on Saturday, the Al-Arabiya satellite news channel reported.
At least one person was injured in the explosion in front of the headquarters of the Saudi American Bank in the Saudi commercial capital, the Dubai-based channel reported, adding that the attackers had fled to a building near the American consulate, where they were encircled by Saudi security forces.
Furter reports indicated that one of the attackers was wounded and taken to hospital where he was reportedly under close guard.
Following the incident, the US mission was closed to the public as a "precautionary measure." (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- '\'Drunken'\' Saudi motorist accidentally hit gate at U.S. consulate in Jeddah
- Fearing terror attacks: U.S., UK and Germany close missions in Saudi Arabia; Reports: More Al Qaeda suspects detained
- Saudi Arabia orders execution over 2004 US Consulate attack
- Saudi Arabia: 12 dead in U.S. consulate attack
- Dubai: U.S. consulate closed for security reasons