Saudi Arabia stops money transfers to relatives of Palestinian suicide bombers
Saudi Arabia no longer gives money directly to relatives of Palestinian suicide bombers, but instead helps families in need through humanitarian organizations, a top Saudi official said Sunday.
"What we do in that case is we give money to the Palestinian Red Cross and to the International Red Cross and to the Red Crescent Society and to the United Nations organizations to provide money to Palestinian families in need," said Adel al-Jubeir, a Saudi foreign policy advisor told CNN.
"We do not designate who they should give the money to," he aired. Al-Jubeir made it clear that Saudi officials "do not encourage people to engage in suicide bombings.
"Our grand mufti, our chief religious theologian in Saudi Arabia, over a year ago condemned suicide bombings as immoral, we also don't believe that they achieve a political purpose," he added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Saudi Arabia describes Israeli claims about financing Palestinian suicide bombers as “baseless and false”
- Ben Eliezer: Israel is working on new strategy to fight suicide bombers
- Rumsfeld: Saddam Money Offer to Families of Palestinian Suicide Bombers – “Viciousness”
- Saudi chief cleric: Muslims should not kill non-Muslims
- Hamas spokesman denies report about agreement to stop attacks inside Israel