Saudi committee approves more buses for pilgrims
The Executive Committee for Pilgrims' Transportation held its 68th meeting in Mecca Sunday night.
The committee issued permissions for 13,772 buses to be in operation for the next hajj season and these buses include 651,371 seats to carry over 1.2 million pilgrims.
As many as 1,877 new buses were scheduled for the transport service to meet the increasing demand of pilgrims, according to SPA news agency.
The Committee also reviewed several issues that could facilitate and ease pilgrims' movement in Mecca and the holy sites. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- GAM: Amending Transportation Tariffs Doesn’t Include Comprehensive Multiple Transport Company Buses
- Redefining religious experiences: King Abdullah approves $13bn pilgrim megacity in Madinah
- It's no longer just about the city centres: more metros coming to Saudi Arabia
- Unholy Hajj: More than 10 fake pilgrimage campaigns foiled by Saudi Arabia
- Over 1.3 million Haj pilgrims transported to holy sites