Saudi Crown Prince Hails Iran’s Role in Region
Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdelaziz said on Saturday that Iran played an important role in the region and the Muslim World, stressing the kingdom’s determination to strengthen relations with Tehran in all fields.
The crown prince’s remarks came after a meeting with Iranian Foreign Minister Kamal Kharrazi, who arrived in the Gulf state on Saturday, reported the official Iranian news agency (IRNA).
“The two officials exchanged views on ways to develop bilateral relations,” said the agency.
They also reviewed the latest developments in the Middle East.
“The Saudi Crown Prince said that the plight of Palestine is of prime concern of the Muslim World, adding that the US is committing a great mistake [by] supporting Israel,” according to IRNA.
He said that Iran and Saudi Arabia had heavy responsibility for bringing about Muslim solidarity and helping bolster relations among the Islamic nations.
For his part, Kharrazi briefed the Saudi crown prince on the situation in the region and the Muslim World, and said that “strong relations between the two powerful Islamic Nations would serve to promote relations among the Muslim nations and their cooperation on the international scene.”
Earlier, Kharrazi met with his Saudi counterpart, Prince Saud Al Faisal – Albawaba.com
- Saudi Crown Prince hails ties with US, says no confirmation about al Qaeda links to Riyadh blasts
- Kharrazi: Iran Prioritizes Cooperation with Regional States
- Egyptain magazine hails Saudi crown prince visit
- All hail the Hail rock art: Saudis praise site's inclusion on UNESCO heritage list
- Hail to the veteran King Salman! Who is Saudi Arabia's new 'younger' monarch?