Search operations continue after boat sinks off Tunisia coast
On Saturday, rescuers were searching for some 200 people reported missing after their Libyan-owned boat capsized off of the Tunisian coast. Search operations were set to continue Sunday.
According to the London Guardian, the coastguard and naval vessels rescued 41 people, however 189 more were feared drowned.
Tunisian authorities said the boat was headed for Italy and could not explain why the boat capsized Friday night. Some survivors said they had paid Libyan smugglers for their passage. (Albawaba.com)
- Twelve migrants dead in Egypt boat disaster, navy still searching for more survivors
- Fishermen feared dead after boat turns over off Egyptian coast
- Top UAE Official Drowns in Bid to Rescue Companions
- Tunisian daily: Death toll rises in emigrant “swimming race”
- 86 Somalis Feared Drowned en Route to Yemen