Second Palestinian Killed by Israeli Fire in Gaza Strip
A second Palestinian died Sunday at the Karni crossing between the Gaza Strip and Israel in clashes with the Israeli army, reported AFP.
Earlier, a 16-year-old Palestinian was shot dead by live rounds fired by Israeli troops near the Bureij refugee camp in the Gaza Strip, hospital officials said, quoted by AFP.
Maher Mohammad Aseidi, 16, was hit in the head and died in Shifa'a Hospital in Gaza, said the agency.
Four Palestinians were wounded early in the morning during clashes with Israeli troops in the area.
In the West Bank city of Bethlehem, an Israeli soldier was wounded near Tekoa settlement during confrontations between Palestinians and Israeli troops, reported the Jerusalem Post newspaper. Seven Palestinians were also wounded in the clashes, one seriously after he was shot in the chest, said the Israeli paper.
Palestinians were throwing firebombs and stones at Israeli soldiers in the area, adding that the soldiers fired rubber bullets and tear gas to disperse the demonstrators - (Several Sources)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Eleven Palestinians Injured in Clashes with Israeli Forces in Gaza, West Bank
- Death Toll Rises to Five in Confrontations with Israeli Troops in Palestinian Lands
- Exchange of Fire Reported in West Bank, no Injuries
- Three More Palestinians Killed in Palestinian-Israeli Confrontations.
- Clashes Erupt Sunday between Palestinians, Israeli Troops in Gaza