Settler killed in West Bank shooting attack; Hamas claims Friday Hebron attack
One Israeli settler was killed after Palestinians fired Monday afternoon at an Israeli vehicle near the West bank settlement of Rimonim, east of Ramallah. Another Israeli was lightly wounded.
Meanwhile, Hamas said Monday that it carried out the Friday shooting attack in Hebron that killed 12 Israelis. On Friday, the Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for the attack.
An official statement released by the military wing of Hamas, Ezzedin Al Qassam, described the events of the attacks, beginning with the first shots at an Israeli convoy.
The statement said that two armed Hamas members opened fire on an Israeli jeep and the on settlers that arrived to help the wounded. Hamas said that only after 15 minutes of battle did they realize that a second Palestinian group had also become involved. (Albawaba.com)
- Israel assassinates Hamas operative, Israeli soldier shot dead in Jenin
- West Bank: Three Israeli settlers, Palestinian activist killed
- Israeli, Hamas activist killed in settlement attack; Hamas vows additional attacks inside Israel
- Settler killed in West Bank shooting attack
- Three Israelis Killed during Clashes on Friday