Several Israeli Soldiers Injured in Bomb Explosions in Gaza Strip
Several Israeli soldiers were injured Tuesday in the Gaza Strip when an explosive device was detonated near the Jewish settlement of Netzarim, reported The Jerusalem Post newspaper in its internet edition.
"Alert soldiers manning an IDF outpost saw a mule-bound wagon carrying what they considered a suspicious parcel," a military spokesman was quoted by the paper as telling Israeli Radio.
He added that the soldiers opened fire at the package, causing the device to explode.
In another incident, the paper reported that an explosive device exploded Monday on the border fence south of the Kisufim crossing-point between Israel and the Gaza Strip.
It added that there were no injuries among the Israeli soldiers who were patrolling the vicinity.
Haaretz newspaper, meanwhile, reported that there was an exchange of fire between armed Palestinians and Israeli troops near the Jewish settlement of Neveh Dekalim.
According to the paper, Palestinians threw also firebombs and stones at the industrial zone in the area, but there were no injuries.
On Monday, an Israeli settler was shot and killed in an armed attack carried out by armed Palestinians on Monday afternoon.
The attack took place near the West Bank town of Ramallah, close to the entrance to the settlement of Adam, near the northern Jerusalem neighborhoods of Pisgat Ze'ev and Neveh Ya'acov.
The settler was identified as Arieh Hershkovitz, who apparently was alone in his car.
Earlier Monday, Israeli soldiers shot and killed a Palestinian man near the Gush Katif Jewish settlement bloc in the Gaza Strip -- Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Two Israeli Soldiers Killed, Several Injured in Gaza Strip Explosions
- Israeli Tanks, Apache Helicopters Strike West Bank Towns, Gaza Strip; Several Palestinians Injured
- Israeli soldier killed, another injured in Gaza Strip border attack
- Palestinian, two Israeli soldiers killed in Gaza Strip; Israel says it foiled massive bombing attack
- Gaza Strip: Three Islamic Jihad members killed, four Israeli soldiers injured in bombing attack