Shamkhani defends Iran’s nuclear program
Iran’s Defense Minister Ali Shamkhani on Thursday defended his country’s nuclear program and said the army would "retaliate" against any aggression on his country's territorial integrity.
"Our nuclear power plant at Bushehr is open to visits by experts, the public and even students," Shamkhani said in a state radio broadcast after some Internet sites carried pictures of the controversial plant taken by US and Israeli satellites, according to AFP.
"In regards to the defense of our country we say that our forces will retaliate firmly and with all the means at our disposal to any aggression," Shamkhani said. He was alluding to rumors circulating in the Republic of Iran suggesting that the United States and Israel were ready to attack Bushehr.
Earlier this week, Iran defended its nuclear cooperation with Moscow and vowed its determination to pursue the construction of the Bushehr nuclear plant. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran Promises “Unimaginable” Retaliation If Israel Strikes Nuclear Plant
- Iran's Safety ensured by nuclear program
- Newspaper: Iran to retaliate in case Israel or U.S. attacks Bushehr nuclear plant
- Iran Rejects Shift in Tehran-Moscow Nuclear Cooperation
- Iran injecting fuel into core of Bushehr nuclear power plant