Sharon: Israel not to accept nuclear Iran
Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon on Thursday said Israel will not accept a nuclear Iran. Speaking in a press conference in Tel Aviv, the Israeli leader said "Israel and other states will not accept a nuclear Iran. Everyone should understand that a nuclear Iran eill threaten not just Israel, but to other states in the Middle East".
He stressed that Israel has been in contact with the USA, which is leading the international effort against Iran's nuclear plans.
Asked if he sees a military option to stop Iranian nuclear plans, Sharon said "There is a military option (to deal with this issue), but before using it I am sure all diplomatic efforts to press Iran will be exerted. I hope such diplomatic efforts will be fruitful".
- Olmert: There is time to stop Iran nuclear plans
- Rice: US to decide on Iran issue soon; Sharon: Israel not planning attack
- Sharon says Iran making every effort to possess nuclear arms
- Iran threatens to strike Israel's atomic sites if attacked
- Ahmadinejad aide: Iran ‘won’t accept threats’ during negotiations