Sixty militants killed in Egypt's Sinai
The Egyptian armed forces announced on Saturday that it has killed 60 militants in Sinai over the past 12 days, and arrested 102 others suspected of involvement in recent attacks, reported Al-Ahram's Arabic website.
The military said it has also confiscated weapons hidden in tunnels at the Rafah borders and had discovered three cars carrying 650kg of cannabis.
The Sinai peninsula has witnessed a wave of militant attacks against security forces since the ouster of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi last July. Over 500 security forces have so far been killed in attacks in Sinai and the rest of the country.
- As Egypt enters three-day mourning period for this week's fatal events in Sinai and Giza, Kerry gets vocal on Brotherhood
- Egypt’s army kills 63 militants in Sinai
- Egyptian army kill three Islamic militants in Sinai crackdown
- Egypt’s army kills seven militants in Sinai, dozens arrested
- Top militant reportedly killed in Egypt's Sinai