Six Palestinians, Israeli soldier killed in Gaza Strip, Hebron
Six Palestinians, including a baby girl, and an Israeli soldier were killed early Thursday in three separate incidents in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Six Israeli soldiers were wounded.
In the central Gaza Strip, three Palestinians, including a baby and an Israeli soldier were killed. Six Israeli soldiers were also injured early Thursday during an Israeli raid on the Bureij refugee camp, Israeli military and Palestinian sources said.
Palestinian sources said that the occupation troops had surrounded the house belonging to local Islamic Jihad leader, Jawad Shahin. Palestinian fighters in the house, and the Israeli soldiers exchanged fire. According to Palestinian sources, Shahin managed to escape. However, the bodies of two Palestinians were found when occupation troops later withdrew from the area.
During the fire exchange, a Palestinian baby girl, Dina Issa, was injured and died a few hours later from her wounds.
Also in the Gaza Strip, a Palestinian was shot dead by Israeli troops near the Jewish settlement of Morag in the southern Gaza Strip, Palestinian security sources said. Israeli military sources said troops guarding Morag opened fire on two suspects approaching the settlement.
One of them was hit but the other escaped. The body was discovered later Thursday morning and a bomb was found next to it, the sources said.
In the West Bank city of Hebron, occupation troops surrounded a building in which two Islamic Jihad fighters were holed up. The troops fired on the house, killing two Palestinian fighters and seriously wounding a third. (Albawaba.com)
- Hamas member dies in car blast as Israeli troops kill six Palestinians in West Bank, Gaza Strip
- Six Palestinians, Israeli Soldier Killed in Clashes in Gaza, West Bank
- Five Israelis, five Palestinians shot dead in Gaza Strip, Hebron clashes; US: Killings should not derail peace talks
- Israeli troops kill three Palestinians in Hebron, one in Gaza Strip
- Two Palestinians killed in Tulkarem, Gaza Strip; Israeli troops start to leave Hebron