Spokeswoman of al-Baath Congress comments on president's speech
Minister of Expatriates Dr. Buthaina Shaaban, Spokeswoman of the al-Baath Congress, said,According to SANA, that the president's speech on monday emphosized the neccesity of concentrating on all issues of the people and the country’s interest as well as national unity.
In a press conference held at the Media Center, Dr. Shaaban added that President Assad called the Congress’ members to discuss issues presented at the Congress truthfully and transparently.
She also reviewed the National Progressive Front’s speeches that underlined al-Baath Party’s and the NPF’s role in the political life in Syria.
When answering questions by the press, the Minister said President Assad’s speech shed light on the noble ideas that the party was built on, saying it’s normal that practice causes some problems.
She also called not to haste to conclusions of the Congress's outcome, pointing out that it will express the Syrian people’s aspirations.
- Speeches of Fadl Nasser Eddin and Youssif Faysal in Baath Congress
- Syria: 10th Regional congress of ruling party opens with call to improve economy
- Syrian Baath party to ease grip on political life
- Syrian Newspaper Cheers Assad for Blasting Israel in Blair's Presence
- Battle of words: Netanyahu gears up to face Congress, but will Obama be happy?