Sudan: Aid worker shot dead

Gunmen have killed a Sudanese worker for a Canadian aid group in Darfur, his employer said on Tuesday. According to Reuters, the country director of Fellowship for African Relief said it appeared the attackers were trying to steal a satellite phone when the Sudanese site manager was killed at his house in the remote village of Kongo Haraza late on Monday night.
However, there have also been fears that foreign aid workers and peacekeepers could be targeted in Darfur after the International Criminal Court issued an arrest warrant for Sudan's president earlier this month.
FAR country director Mark Simmons told Reuters that Adam Khatir, 39, had first been ambushed on Saturday. Khatir had been working in his home village for the last five years, building up local agriculture through seed donations and training, said Simmons.


















