Sudanese vice president visits Egypt
Sudan’s Vice President Ali Osman Mohammed Taha began a visit to Egypt on Sunday to brief Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak on the peace accord between Khartoum and rebels in southern Sudan.
Taha said upon arrival that the two sides would "exchange points of view on latest developments, notably peace in Sudan". "This accord ... aims to achieve peace and put a halt to the war, a goal shared by all sides," said Taha, who is also expected to meet Arab League secretary general Amr Mussa. "We can reach agreement on the other details," he told journalists, according to AFP. (Albawaba.com)
- Sudan's First Vice-President to visit Egypt, Saudi Kingdom, Qatar
- Syrian President receives briefing on Sudan Peace Talks
- Algerian president - only Arab leader to attend Sudan peace ceremony
- Sudan calls on Libya to keep up peace efforts
- Sudan First Vice President: Sudan wants closer relations with Syria