Suicide bomber kills four in Tunisia
Tunisian forces on patrol after militant attacks in the country. (AFP/File)
Four national guards were killed on Wednesday afternoon after a militant blew himself up in Smar, governorate of Tataouine, said the Interior Ministry.
The suicide bomber blew himself up after clashes with the national guards, the Interior Ministry reported in a statement, adding that a second “terrorist” was killed.
According to the Ministry, the national guards were tracking down a terrorist group in the region after information collected as part of the operation ongoing from this morning in El Mnihla (governorate of Ariana) to hunt down "terrorists who moved to the capital to prepare simultaneous attacks."
- Suicide bomber kills four in Baghdad, Iraq
- Four Palestinians killed in West Bank and Gaza Strip; Israel considering expulsion of suicide bomber father
- Suicide Attack in Kabul Spoils Ashura
- Suicide bomber targets Tunisian beach resort
- PFLP vows more operations inside Israel after bomber kills four near Tel Aviv