Switzerland to sign MOU with International Humanitarian City to facilitate aid work in the region
International Humanitarian City (IHC), a global humanitarian and aid hub set up by the Government of Dubai, has agreed to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Switzerland to facilitate, and support IHC’s humanitarian services and facilities. The agreement to sign the MoU and set up a definite agenda was reached during a recent meeting between IHC’s CEO, Makiya Al Hajiri and Gerhard Brugger, the Consul General of Switzerland. The meeting was also attended by Jost Schmid, Consul at the Consulate General of Switzerland.
Makiya Al Hajiri, CEO, IHC said: “We are very pleased to welcome this initiative by the Swiss government to partner with us and support our efforts to provide the facilities that would enable aid to flow better and faster to the people that need them. As a humanitarian hub and under the leadership of the UN Messenger of Peace and Chairperson of IHC, Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, wife of Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice- President and Prime Minister of UAE, Ruler of Dubai. We share the vision and direction of HH Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum and his commitment to providing the right level of support and services that can aid the humanitarian efforts in the region.”
Gerhard Brugger, the Consul General of Switzerland, added: “The government of Switzerland is keen to forge a stronger partnership with IHC to ensure outstanding facilities for the logistics & all the required facilities for a fast move to the Aid wherever & whenever it's required.
This was an initial meeting to prepare for a formal MoU to be finalized in the coming meetings between IHC and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- International Humanitarian City partners with Oxfam to further expand global humanitarian efforts
- Emaar, The Economic City signs MoU with EMAL International to establish aluminum smelter complex at King Abdullah Economic City
- UAE Foreign Aid Coordination Office signs MoU with Abu Dhabi University
- Emaar, The Economic City and DP World sign MoU to develop King Abdullah Economic City Sea Port
- International Medical Corps and Agility Logistics Partner to Enhance Delivery of Humanitarian Relief