Syria condemns ''terrorist'' attack against International Red Cross headquarters in Baghdad
Syria on Wednesday condemned Monday's bombing attack against the International Red Cross headquarters in Baghdad. Director of Foreign Media Department at the Syrian Foreign Ministry, Boushra Kanafani expressed Damascus’ condemnation of the attacks against international and humanitarian organizations operating in Iraq.
"Syria strongly condemned the attack against the International Red Cross headquarters in Baghdad", Kanafani said, according to SANA.
Kanafani added that operations, which target innocent civilians and the international and humanitarian bodies are "terrorist acts and affect badly the very interests of the Iraqi people."
In her statement to the press Kanafani said "Damascus supports the Iraqi efforts to unify their stances and to work for a unified and liberated Iraq." (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraq's neighboring countries condemn ''terrorist'' attacks
- Following deadly attacks: United Nations, Red Cross pulling out staffers from Baghdad
- Egyptian FM condemns bombing attack in Iraq, Israel
- Syria condemns Istanbul bombing attacks
- Red Cross: US attack on Iraqi wedding party ''violates international human rights''