Syrian regime publicly criticizes neighboring Jordan over rebel training camps
Government controlled media outlets in Syria have warned Jordan to stop housing rebel training camps in their country or risk falling into the "volcanic crater" of the Syrian conflict, AP reported.
The radio broadcast and front-page editorial both sharply criticized neighboring Jordan for supposedly housing the camps, designed to assist the opposition fighters.
Jordan has so far remained neutral on the issue of Syria, although it has built refugee camps near the border to re-house those fleeing the conflict.
Although Amman has publicly denied that any such training camps exist, U.S. and Western officials have both reported that there are indeed camps.
- Syrian Conflict: Jordan to "take measures" to protect itself
- Jordan government tries to hush up reports of clashes with the Syrian army
- Syria gunmen fire on Jordan troops at border
- Assad lashes out at rebel-friendly Jordan and AQ-friendly West
- Jordan: Authorities to use iris-scanners to register Syrian refugees