Syrian Sweet Stores Report Long Lines During Feast
In contrast to the clothing shops, the economic slowdown in Syria did not affect the local eastern sweet stores during Al-Adha feast.
During the holiday, a typical Syrian family might reduce spending on everything except for eastern sweets, which are offered to guests. Many locals arrived to the sweet stores in order to register their names for orders during the feast, based on the storeowners' instructions. Some of the local sweet sellers reported a list of more than 1,500 orders, according to Al-Hayat newspaper,. The per kilogram price of eastern sweets ranges from $8 to $12.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Modhesh World to celebrate the tradition of ‘Hag-e-Lail’ today
- Sweet Homes unveils AED 149 million shopping mall within ‘Ajman Uptown’ project
- Brahimi says Syria accepts truce
- Sweets Middle East delivers outstanding returns for global companies
- Sweets and Snacks Trade Show Enjoys Confectionery Market Boom