Tehran: Mujahedeen Fires a Dozen Shells on City, no Casualties
The armed Iranian opposition People's Mujahedeen fired a dozen mortar shells overnight on a southwestern city without causing any casualties, state radio reported Sunday.
(However, the Mujahedeen said in a statement faxed to AFP in Nicosia that it inflicted heavy casualties and material damage.)
Iranian radio reports said the shells fell on the city of Mussian near the border with Iraq, where the rebels are based, but gave no further details.
The Mujahedeen regularly claims attacks inside the Islamic republic and Iranian security forces said Wednesday they had foiled a rebel attack in the southern city of Shiraz.
The group fired five shells on the western city of Kermanshah on November 2 without causing any casualties, according to Tehran – TEHRAN (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Radio: Iran City Hit by Mortar Attack, no Injuries or Damage
- Papers: Iran\'s Armed Opposition Shells Western Border City
- Five Mortar Shells Hit Deserted Garrison in Tehran, Opposition Group Claims Responsibility
- Members of Iran's Armed Opposition Killed by Security Forces
- Six People Wounded in Tehran Mortar Attack