TeliaSonera selects Nokia Siemens Networks to provide LTE radio network in Sweden and Norway
Nokia Siemens Networks and TeliaSonera have signed a contract for the delivery of a Long Term Evolution (LTE) radio network in Sweden and Norway. Under the two-year agreement, Nokia Siemens Networks will provide LTE radio equipment, LTE network management systems, and LTE multi-vendor integration and care services to TeliaSonera. LTE is a wireless communications technology that specifically meets the growing demand for advanced mobile broadband services.
Lars Klasson, senior vice president and chief technology officer, Business Area Mobility Services at TeliaSonera, says: “We have chosen Nokia Siemens Networks to deliver TeliaSonera’s 4G radio network in Sweden and Norway based on their high quality technology and competitive offer. Our customers are the first in the world to use commercial 4G services. The use of mobile broadband in the Nordic is exploding and we offer 4G to meet the demand for high speed and capacity.”
“We are cooperating closely with TeliaSonera in Sweden and Norway to roll out commercial LTE services in these leading markets,” says Jan Lindgren, head of the TeliaSonera customer team at Nokia Siemens Networks. “We will provide TeliaSonera with our field-proven radio network platform for radio network modernization and next generation LTE services.”
Nokia Siemens Networks will supply to TeliaSonera its Single RAN* solution with its award winning, energy efficient Flexi Multiradio base stations, as well as its NetAct network management system to monitor, manage and optimize the network. The company will also provide multi-vendor integration and care services.
- Ecology and Technology: two words that turn Nokia Siemens Networks into Telecom Italia’s main supplier for the modernization of its 3G network
- M1 looks at 35% reduction in carbon footprint in Singapore; LTE trial in February
- Deutsche Bahn AG awards Nokia Siemens Networks with a frame contract to extend its rail communications system across an additional 7,000 kilometers
- Nokia Siemens Networks awarded turnkey contract to accelerate network expansion for Hutchison Telecom Indonesia in Java and Sumatra
- STC, Nokia Siemens Networks launch commercial 4G network using TD-LTE