Thousands of Bahrainis to Benefit from New Health Center
The government predicts that some 40,000 Bahrainis will benefit from a new health center scheduled to open next month, reported the Gulf Daily News on Tuesday.
The $3 million Yusuf bin Jassim Kanoo Health Center was originally scheduled to open in December, but is expected to open early in an effort to decrease the pressure on the existing Hamad Town Health Center, the paper said.
The new facility has been funded by the Yusuf bin Ahmed Kanoo Co. and constructed on an 8,500 square meter plot. The built-up area is 4,000 square meters.
Once open the center will have 66 employees, including a consultant, six doctors and three dentists, said Health Minister Faisal Al Mousawi.
"The center has a capacity for more than 250 patients daily," added ministry medical staff chief Fawzi Ameen.
"The center hours are from 7:00am until noon daily, and services may be extended in the future to 24 hours."
This is the third health facility to be built by the company, said assistant general manager for administration and public relations, Mubarak Al Atwi – Albawaba.com
- Umm Suqeim residents to benefit from new aswaaq community center
- Privately Funded Health Center Opens in Bahrain
- Joint Effort To Bring Critical Health Care To Thousands In Djibouti
- Middle East Cancer Patients Set to Benefit from Latest Research on Bone Health
- Tamkeen signs agreement with Zain Bahrain to benefit from Career Progression Programme