Three Palestinian Women Hurt While Resisting Demolition of Houses
Three Palestinian women were injured Monday when police forcibly dispersed demonstrators trying to bar the demolition of at least 13 houses in the refugee camp of Shu’fat, north of occupied Jerusalem, Palestinian sources said, cited by Haaretz newspaper.
Police also removed a number of Israeli human rights activists trying to bar the way of the bulldozers.
The bulldozers demolished 13 buildings the municipality said were built illegally.
Palestinians said city officials on Sunday distributed intention-of-demolition orders to owners of a total of 25 Shu’fat homes - less than 24 hours before a group of bulldozers tore into the structures Monday morning, according to the paper.
As part of a policy of collective punishment, the Israeli army has demolished dozens of homes during the nine-month Palestinian uprising against 34 years of military occupation - Albawaba.com
- Israel Demolishes 10 Palestinian Houses North of Occupied Jerusalem
- Human Rights Watch: Israel illegally destroys Palestinian homes
- Rafah: More than 110 houses demolished, Israel vows to continue destruction
- Five Israeli soldiers injured in Jenin; U.S. condemns demolition of Palestinian homes
- Palestinian shot dead in Rafah as more houses destroyed