Three Palestinians Injured as Israeli Tanks Shell Rafah Area in Gaza Strip
Israeli forces on Monday fired shells and rockets from tanks and an army post on Rafah, a Palestinian town in the southern Gaza Strip, injuring three people, witnesses and Palestinian security officials said.
The tanks opened fire after Israeli soldiers came under fire while trying to remove a military vehicle damaged earlier Monday by a roadside bomb when an Israeli officer was wounded.
At least one house was hit and caught on fire, witnesses said
An Israeli army post nearby later fired some 10 rockets near a refugee camp in Rafah, Palestinian security officials said.
The Israeli army could not immediately confirm the incident – GAZA CITY (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Tanks, Apache Helicopters Strike West Bank Towns, Gaza Strip; Several Palestinians Injured
- Israeli Tanks Fire 20 Shells at Rafah in Gaza Strip
- Fifteen Palestinians Injured in Tank Fire after Roadside Bombing in Gaza
- Israeli Tanks Kill Palestinian, Injure at Least Three in Gaza Refugee Camp
- Motorola to Open Software House in Palestinian Areas