Three Palestinians killed in clashes with Israeli forces
Israeli troops killed a Palestinian gunman and a 16-year-old on Thursday during a raid into the West Bank, Palestinian medical and security officials said. The officials said a member of the Islamic Jihad and the 16-year-old boy were shot by Israeli troops during an exchange of fire when they surrounded a house in the Kabatiya village near the city of Jenin.
Later, Israeli soldiers killed one Palestinian gunman and wounded another near the Kerem Shalom Gaza-Israel crossing. A third Palestinian managed to escape unharmed. According to Israeli sources, the Palestinians had tried to enter into Israel via the crossing, intending to carry out an attack, and then engaged in a gunfight with Israeli troops from the Palestinian side of the Gaza Strip border.
Twenty Palestinians were killed Wednesday, including a Reuters cameraman, in Israeli operations in the Gaza Strip. Most of the incidents came in the afternoon in the center of the Strip.
- Gaza bureau has been hosting a 4-day journalism training course to honour the memory of Fadel Shana, Reuters cameraman killed in Gaza last year
- Three Palestinians Killed in Furious Clashes with Israeli Forces
- Israeli Troops Shoot Palestinian in the Back near Gaza-Israel Crossing
- At least 12 injured in Jerusalem clashes following teen death
- Clashes in West Bank and Gaza: Three Palestinians, three Israelis killed