Three Palestinians killed, one Israeli in critical condition
An Israeli air strike hit three Hamas men as they prepared to fire a Qassam rocket from the Gaza Strip Sunday morning, killing two and wounded one, reports said. Also in the Strip, Palestinian sources reported that a Palestinian was killed and several others were wounded after being hit by a shell or a missile. The man killed, Amar Shihab, was hit while standing at the entrance to his home in the Jabalya refugee camp in the northern Gaza Strip.
Hours earlier, one Israeli was critically wounded in a school near the hard-hit Israeli town of Sderot when a Qassam rocket crashed into one of the campus buildings.
Hamas' military wing took responsibility for the rocket attacks, saying that they would continue until residents of Sderot evacuated the town in fear. "We have decided to make Sderot a ghost town," said a spokesman for Hamas who only gave his name as Abu Ubeideh. "We are not going to stop launching our rockets until they leave."
Ubeideh said the group had launched nine rockets at Israel since dawn Sunday. The Israeli army said 10 had fallen in Israel.
- Israeli killed, DM security guard wounded in Palestinian rocket attack
- Palestinian dies, three Israelis wounded
- Israeli soldiers kill two Hamas activists in Gaza Strip as Qassam strikes Israeli town
- Israeli troops ”end” Gaza raid as Palestinians fire Qassam rockets on Israeli town
- Four Palestinians reported dead as Hamas bombs Israeli town with rockets