Three Palestinians killed in W. Bank; Israel closes Hebron universities, destroys homes in East Jerusalem
Israeli forces operating in the West Bank city of Tulkarem killed early Wednesday a Palestinian man. According to Israeli reports, the man used hand grenades against the Israeli soldiers before he was shot dead. Later, the Israeli army killed a Palestinian youth in the city.
And in Jenin, occupation forces have surrounded since late Tuesday a building in an attempt to arrest four members of al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades.
The Palestinians inside the building were engaged in a firefight with the Israeli forces. Israeli helicopters were also engaged in the gun battle. A 42-year-old bystander was killed, witnesses and hospital officials said. Relatives said Ribhi Zakarneh was mentally ill.
At least one Israeli soldier and two Palestinian gunmen were lightly injured. On Wednesday morning, Israeli forces arrested the four Palestinians, Israel Army Radio reported.
Elsewhere in the West Bank, Israel sealed the entrances to two universities in Hebron, including the Polytechnic College, claiming that some suicide bombers came from this college.
According to an Israeli source, quoted by the media, Polytechnic College had become a "factory for terrorists."
In East Jerusalem, the Israeli army sealed off and destroyed the homes of four Palestinians, members of Hamas cell behind bombing attacks, which killed 35 people, including five Americans.
Israel regularly demolishes the homes of Palestinians behind attacks, but it was the first time it had used the policy against residents of East Jerusalem who have Israeli identity cards and can obtain Israeli citizenship if they desire. (Albawaba.com)
- Israel demolishes houses in West Bank city, closes offices of Al Quds University President
- Israel to destroy 20,000 Palestinian homes in East Jerusalem
- Israeli army closes Palestinian radio station in Hebron
- Two Palestinians Killed in Car Blast in Wadi Ara; Palestinian Boy Killed in Jerusalem; Israeli Incursions in Nablus Area
- Israeli soldiers arrest Palestinian in W. Bank, two police officers in Rafah as additional homes destroyed