Tunisia qualifies for African Basketball Championship for Women
After wining the preliminary round of Group 1 of the 11th Africa Nations Championship against Algeria, Tunisian basketball team qualified for the African Nations Basketball Championship for Women, which is envisaged to take place from November 8 until November 19 2005 in Nigeria. La Presse reports that in addition to Nigeria, the hosting country, and Senegal, Tunisia is the first country qualified for the continental tournament. "Algerian players were really good but we played very aggressively," said Walid Gharbi, the coach of the Tunisian national team.
- Nigerian defeats Tunisia in 23rd African Basketball Championship
- El Menzah hosts 3rd edition of Arab-African Handisports Championship
- World Junior Women's Basketball Championships in Tunisia
- Thirteen countries qualify for 2016 African Nations Championship
- First Tunisian women's football championship to be launched