Tunisia qualifies for African Basketball Championship for Women
After wining the preliminary round of Group 1 of the 11th Africa Nations Championship against Algeria, Tunisian basketball team qualified for the African Nations Basketball Championship for Women, which is envisaged to take place from November 8 until November 19 2005 in Nigeria. La Presse reports that in addition to Nigeria, the hosting country, and Senegal, Tunisia is the first country qualified for the continental tournament. "Algerian players were really good but we played very aggressively," said Walid Gharbi, the coach of the Tunisian national team.
- Nigerian defeats Tunisia in 23rd African Basketball Championship
- Smashing Victory of Senegal over Algeria at the 23rd African Basketball Championship
- Tunisian volleyball team qualifies for the World 2006 championship
- Tunisian club qualifies for the final of African Handball Championship
- 6th African Championship of Rowing to be held in Tunisia