Turkey: Drill cancellation ”not political”
Turkey's Foreign Ministry on Monday denied an international military exercise was canceled over opposition to Israel's participation. According to the AP, Israeli defense officials have said the air drills in Turkey, which were supposed to be held this week and include the U.S. and NATO, were put off over Turkish opposition to Israel.
Turkey's Foreign Ministry said Monday that the reason for the cancellation was not political. It said drills were postponed after Turkey conferred with participants. The Turkish ministry called on Israel to exert "good sense in its approach and statements."
- Turkey cancels joint air force drill with Israel
- Cyprus Defense Ministry announces cancellation of military exercises
- Business or politics? Egypt cancels major trade agreement with Turkey
- Turkey’s Premier cancels attendance in key meeting on EU membership
- Privatization of Turkey’s Tobacco and Liquor Administration cancelled