Turkish Islamist Leader: Israel Using ‘Nazi Methods’ against Palestinians
The leader of Turkey's Islamist Virtue Party accused Israel Sunday of employing "Nazi methods" against Palestinians, the Anatoli news agency reported.
"The events taking place in the Palestinian territories concern the entire Muslim world. The Israelis are using the same Nazi methods once imposed on them," said Recai Kutan.
Kutan, addressing a party meeting, accused right-wing Israeli opposition leader Ariel Sharon of deliberately instigating the violence by visiting Jerusalem's al-Aqsa mosque compound, the third holiest site in Islam.
The situation in the Middle East is "shameful," said Kutan, "because Israel makes war with tanks but Palestinians respond with stones and sling shots."
"The Intifada against Israel is noble," added the Islamist leader.
He also accused the Turkish government of following a policy "without character" in the Middle East – ANKARA (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Minister Accuses Secular Colleague of Using 'Nazi Methods'
- Israeli Foreign Minister calls Erdogan an “anti-Semitic bully”
- German Muslims respond to rightwing parties, compare them to Nazis
- Palestinians Accuse Israel of Using 'Brutal Force' against Demonstrators
- Report: Palestinian groups, Islamists plan ''huge'' attacks against Israeli targets, assassinations