Two Palestinians dead in Gaza Strip, settler killed in West Bank
A Palestinian teenager and an activist were killed Friday as the Israeli army ended a bloody two-day incursion in the Gaza Strip.
Anass Zomnutt, 13, died of bullet wounds in the Jabaliya refugee camp northeast of Gaza City, as Israeli troops were withdrawing overnight, hospital officials said. The body of Mohammed Abu Saqran, a Hamas activist was found in the camp after the troops left.
Some 30 Palestinians were killed during the Israeli operation.
In the West Bank Israeli police found the body of a settler who was missing since Thursday morning. Police suspect he was killed by Palestinians, who then burned and dismembered his body.
The settler's body was discovered in the trunk of a burned-out car with Israeli license plates near the Palestinian village Kafr Abus in the northern West Bank. The car belonged to the father of the settler, who apparently was driving the vehicle at the time of his disappearance, Haaretz reported.
- West Bank: Settler killed as Israeli forces continue Nablus raid
- Three Palestinians, Israeli soldier killed in Gaza Strip, West Bank
- Israeli troops kill six Palestinians in Gaza Strip, West Bank
- Two Palestinians, two Israelis dead in Gaza Strip, West Bank
- Four Palestinians, settler killed in West Bank and Gaza Strip