Two Palestinians killed as Israel issues W. Bank settlement construction tender
Israeli troops late Sunday killed two Palestinians approaching the Gaza Strip fence, sources reported. Israel said troops opened fire on two figures crawling toward the fence, and they were killed. Palestinian ambulance workers said they recovered two bodies from the scene, according to Reuters. Palestinian group the Popular Resistance Committees identified the two as its members and said in a statement they had embarked on a "mission" against Israel.
W. Bank settlement
Meanwhile, the Israeli Ministry of Construction and Housing on Monday published a tender for the construction of 44 new housing units in the West Bank settlement of Ma'aleh Adumim. According to Haaretz newspaper, Israel's Peace Now group condemned the tender, noting that in the course of U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice's visit to Israel, "the state is tearing to shreds its own obligations under the road map."
- Two Israelis wounded in Gaza Strip as new construction tender issued for W. Bank settlement
- Two Palestinians killed in W. Bank as Rice optimistic
- Two Palestinians shot dead in Gaza Strip as Israel publishes new tenders to expand West Bank settlements
- Israel issues housing tender in West Bank
- EPICO to issue new construction tender