UAE bans imports of birds, chicken meat in fear of flu
The Secretariat of UAE Municipalities Federation on Tuesday decided to suspend imports of live birds, embryos, frozen and chilled chicken meat and table eggs from countries affected with or to be affected with bird flu. Following a meeting with officials from the Agriculture and Fisheries Ministry, it was announced that the Municipalities, the Ministry and other relavant authorities would carry out intensive precuationary measures on all birds, poultry and their products.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Saudi Arabia: 50,000 birds culled after flu outbreak
- Saudi Arabia Bans Meat Imports from Several Asian Countries Following Outbreak of Foot-and-Mouth Disease
- Qatar, Saudi Arabia Ban Beef Imports from European Union
- Kuwait to lift ban on imports of Egyptian meat
- UAE Rejects Saudi Charges of Contaminated Meat